People with the habit of sleeping on their stomach make up a few of us, so they often have difficulty choosing the pillow that fits their sleeping position. If you are a stomach sleeper habit, you may have experienced pain from sleeping with regular pillows.
However, don’t worry, you need to replace your old signed pillow with one of the best sleeping pillows below. Your sleep will improve, and you will no longer feel uncomfortable.
Why Is Sleeping on Your Stomach Not Good for Your Health?
Sleeping on your stomach is not entirely harmful to your health. It helps your airways become more extensive, which helps reduce snoring during sleep. But if you sleep longer in this position, you will have a negative effect on your digestive system.
According to a study by the American Psychological Association published in 2012, people who sleep on their stomachs are more likely to have unhealthy dreams with other postures. Worse yet, sleeping on your stomach is also thought to be one of the worst sleeping positions because it puts extra pressure on the spine.
Lying on your stomach does not support the natural curve of the spine. Additionally, it also stresses the lumbar as well as other joints and muscles. That can make you feel sore and paralyzed if done for a long time.
Tilting your head to one side or face down on a pillow can cause neck strain and restrict breathing. It prevents blood circulation, which is completely harmful to your health. So, this position is not recommended for people with neck or back pain.
For obese people, sleeping on their stomachs will put extra pressure on internal organs like the lungs. Besides, even after you sleep well on your stomach, you may still feel pain or stiffness the next day.
List of Top Five Best Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
According to a study published in The Neurology magazine, people with epilepsy are more likely to die while sleeping on their stomachs. Sleeping on your stomach can also create wrinkles on your face, though a silk pillowcase may limit that.
Having a pillow to help the habit of sleeping on the abdomen to have a good night’s sleep and minimize the harmful effects of this posture is a necessity. Therefore, in this article, the list of top five best pillows for stomach sleeper is brought to you. These pillows are designed to minimize the negative effects of sleep on the abdomen on human health and increase the quality of sleep.
Quality pillows for sleepy people only
1. The Best Memory Foam Pillow: Ultra Slim Gel Memory Foam Pillow from Bluewave Bedding
Ultra Slim Pillow from Bluewave Bedding is the softest pillow at the moment. This pillow creates a soothing feeling for those who sleep on their tummy. The Bluewave Bedding pillow is hypoallergenic because it does not contain any harmful chemicals.
To increase the quality of your sleep, the manufacturer has applied the gel to this pillow for cooling. Users will not feel hot when lying on the pillow for too long. Slim and flat design reduces snoring during sleep and improves back shoulder or neck pain.
Moreover, users can open the pillow cover to wash to help ensure your bedroom hygiene. These stomach sleeping pillows are made from 40% rayon and 60% polyester. You can use the washing machine to clean them easily. Don’t worry that the pillow will turn over when you are too lean to one side. Because it has a flatter top and bottom than other pillows.
However, this pillow is a bit thick and heavy for some people. And if you are a scent sensitive person, you will have some problems with this pillow. Because as soon as purchased, they will have a slight foam odor and make you uncomfortable when sleeping.
- Can adjust the soft hardness
- Removable pillowcases, bamboo-based pillow material
- Guts made from conventional memory foam
- It smells a little uncomfortable because of the conventional memory foam material
- Slightly thick and heavy
2. The Best Adjustable Pillow with Cooling Gel: Coop Home Goods
With Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow, you can completely control the shape of the pillow to fit the prone position. Coop Home Goods allows you to add or remove memory foam to fit your size, shape, and sleeping posture.
Air vents make it easy to breathe even with your face facing the pillow. Coop Home Goods’ fabric quality is greatly appreciated by its elegance and soft feel.
Although this is a great pillow when it helps you stay comfortable and not get hot, its price is still quite high. It also has a slight odor when it’s new.
- Can adjust the soft hardness
- High durability, can use from 3-4 years
- Easy to clean and wash
- Over time, the shape does not change much
- High price compared to the price of other types of pillows
- Quite smell
3. The Best Shredded Foam Pillow for Stomach Sleepers: Snuggle-Pedic
Although Snuggle-Pedic‘s Supreme Plush Ultra-Luxury memory foam pillow is quite expensive, you can count on its quality. The case of this pillow has a zip; you can easily take it off and wash it in a washing machine. Moreover, you can adjust the thickness of the pillow in order to make you fall to sleep easier.
Each person has a different shape, size, and sleeping posture, being allowed to adjust the pillow is one of the essentials that not every pillow can do.
- Suitable for all sleeping positions
- Does not cause allergy to the skin
- Support the pain in the neck and back
- Washable intestines and pillows
- Material is quite hard
- Foam can be put in one place if used for a long time
4. The Most Affordable Pillow: Belly Sleep
Belly Sleep gel-infused memory foam pillow will make your head, neck, and back feel comfortable. The moderate height of the pillow will help you feel more relaxed, and your neck will not be too tight while sleeping on your stomach. Moreover, the low and thin pillows will help you sleep easier in a position lying on the abdomen.
The thickness of a standard pillow helps keep your body warm, but that can also cause you to get too hot at night. Therefore, this best pillow for stomach sleepers has integrated gel granulation technology into this pillow. The cooling gel particles will make your head more comfortable. They absorb the heat you produce and regulate your temperature.
- Can adapt to all positions when sleeping
- Cool and airy
- The pillowcase can be washed in the washing machine, no smell to keep the pillow fresh
- Slightly thin on the edges
5. The Best Thin Pillow: Elite Rest
Elite Rest slim for stomach sleeper – firm memory foam pillow has a thin, light, and flat design that helps to support the spine comfortably. This pillow can reduce snoring, help users breathe easier, and improve neck, back, and shoulder pain.
This is a pretty good option at an affordable price. You will save a lot of money with the durability of this pillow. Moreover, Elite Rest pillows do not have an unpleasant odor, do not contain allergens and mold.
- Limit dust and bed bugs
- One plane and one curved surface
- Limit pressure on your stomach
- It is a bit thin for some people
- The price is quite high
Comparison Between 5 Best Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
Types of Materials of Best Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
There is a different type of best pillow for stomach sleepers, and the material to make them is the decisive factor for the difference. You can choose from a variety of fabric types such as memory foam, gel, water-filled, shredded memory foam, microbead, and fiber padding. Each type gives a different feel. Choosing the right one completely depends on your personal preferences and needs.
- Memory foam: This is one of the most popular choices of sleeping pillows for the stomach. Memory foam does not lose shape over time; on the contrary, it makes the stomach sleepers feel great and more comfortable.
- Gel: This material is loved by many people for its comfort and coolness. Users can increase or decrease the material inside the pillow to fit your needs.
- Microbead: Microbead pillows are similar to bean bags. The material used inside these pillows is usually porous and non-irritating. The inner cover of the pillow can be opened to add microbeads or remove them.
- Fiber: Cotton thread is a luxurious choice for pillows. They are harder to adjust than other pillows and can become flat throughout the night. However, there are some specifically designed to address the discomfort of sleepers. This is the kind that high-class hotels often use because it brings a sense of luxury and comfort.
Three Ways to Improve the Sleeping Position
The quality of sleep is really important because it greatly affects your health, work, and life. Building an environment where you can sleep comfortably will bring a completely different world. Your job will become more convenient, and your life will be better. Moreover, a good night’s sleep alleviates a lot of stress and helps your mind relax.
Pillows play a very important role in the quality of every person’s sleep. An inappropriate pillow can lead to neck and spine pain. A person who has a habit of falling asleep will find it hard to get a good night’s sleep in regular pillows because these pillows are often designed for normal sleeping positions, either on your back or on your side. However, many experts recommend that we should not sleep on their tummy because they are not good for health.
You also know that wrong sleeping position is not good for health, so please fix them as soon as possible. Sleeping on the stomach may cause joint dislocation as well as lumbar muscles. However, there are some people who find this sleeping position comfortable and quickly fall asleep. Here are three ways to improve the sleeping quality for stomach sleepers:
- You can bend one leg towards your chest to keep your spine straight while sleeping on your stomach. Bend your elbows and knees, guide your feet to your chest, then place a pillow under your armpits and hips, which can help protect your backbone when sleeping on your stomach.
- To make this sleeping position even more comfortable, try sleeping when resting your head on a pillow. This can help reduce neck tightness and make you feel more comfortable sleeping. If placing your head on a pillow doesn’t help you feel comfortable, you can try not using it. There are some people who prefer to sleep on their stomachs, with pillows under their hips and stomach.
- Try placing a pillow below the hips and lower abdomen. This can help relieve lumbar muscle tension and make this sleeping position much more comfortable. You can also use a turban or blanket if your room doesn’t have extra pillows.
Sleeping on the belly is not good for your health, but it helps you to fall asleep quickly. These good pillows and specially designed for this sleeping position will help you achieve a more comfortable sleep and not adversely affect health.
Almost all of these pillows are carefully researched and designed to suit those who sleep on their stomachs. Moreover, the quality of these pillows is quite good and ensures health for users.
To me, the Bluewave Bedding’s pillow is a great choice for stomach sleepers. It is both comfortable and affordable. So why don’t you buy yourself the best pillow for stomach sleepers that suits you best?