If you spend a lot of time gaming on your PC, then you need to do your back some good by getting the best gaming chair for back pain.
It is often easy to get lost or so absorbed in the digital world that you don’t even think about good posture. Some of the symptoms you may start experiencing include pains and aches in your back as well as weakness or tingling in the legs.
Posture, therefore, plays a crucial role in hours of sitting, and back pain results from a sprain or strain on the muscles of your back. This could also affect the disks or cartilages that allow you to bend or twist your back in several ways.
Back pain usually happens when you use a traditional chair when gaming. Thankfully, you can fix this on your own without having to visit a chiropractor. And that is by getting your hands on the best gaming chair for back pain.
Getting a comfortable gaming chair is the best option for you if you want to get rid of that back pain.
A gaming chair is designed in such a way that it offers support for your neck and back, making you more comfortable whenever you play games for a long time.
What’s the Best Gaming Chair for Back Pain?
A lot of things need to be considered before you settle for the best gaming chair for back pain. However, let’s take a quick look at a few top choices before heading for more in-depth reviews of the best gaming chairs for back pain.
Top 9 Best Gaming Chairs for Back Pain
Follow me as I review some of the best back pain chair choices available for video gamers.
1. Homall Gaming Chair Office Chair High Back Computer Chair
This impressive gaming chair comes with 5 castor wheels that roll flawlessly and exactly when you need them to. And it is sturdy enough to hold up to 300 pounds.
It comes with a massage function and extendable footrest for quality relaxation and comfort. This gaming chair also features other adjustable features such as rotation functions, tilt, etc.
The high back also lets you sit down comfortably and rest, getting complete relief from the hard grind of the day. It also has a 360-degree rotation, meaning that you can always swivel to get your favorite drinks or snacks without necessarily leaving your seated position.
- Sturdy five-star base
- Ergonomically and orthopedically designed
- 300 lbs load capacity
- Height-adjustable gas spring cylinder
- 90-180 degrees angle adjuster tilt locking mechanism
- Easy to move with color castor wheels
- Great value for a gaming chair
- Excellent padding
- Adjustable head and back lumbar support
- Armrests fit underneath a standard size desk
- Firm levers that lock into place when used
- Easy to assemble
- Impeccable customer service
- Fast turn-around for replacement parts
- New users complain that the set-up instructions in the manual are not useful
2. High Back Gaming Chair PC Office Racing Computer Chair
This high-back gaming chair boasts of comfort from every angle is thickly cushioned for maximum comfort. It is equipped with adjustable lumbar support along with a headrest pillow to protect your neck and spine. It is covered in premium PU leather that is breathable.
This gaming chair also offers maximum mobility for dedicated users, thanks to its sturdy, heavy-duty metal base that provides stability as well as mobility with a 360-degree range of motion, all on smooth-rolling castors.
Assembling this gaming chair is a walk in the park as well.
- 360-degree swivel chair, making it more flexible in the work station
- Set-up and assembly is super easy, i.e. it can be done within 10-15 minutes
- Comes with tension control and tilt lock
- Easy assembly
- Modern and comfortable
- Solid frame
- A user complained that this product cracked on both sides
- A user complained of a lack of cushioning
- Not the most suitable for tall individuals
3. PC Gaming Chair Racing Office Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair Massage
This is a brand-new racing type high-back office chair with a unique feel and appearance. IT comes with a free USB electric massage and slight vibration designed to reduce fatigue after a hard day.
Lumbar support is adjustable and comes with a stable 5-point base with a gas spring, thus allowing you to adjust for varying heights in order to meet the needs of your computer or office desk.
- 90-155-degree tilt mechanism
- Larger-size seat cushion and wider chair back
- Ergonomically adjustable headrest, backrest, armrest, lumbar support, and footrest
- 360-degree swivel wheel
- The chair can be flexible in the work station
- Heavy-duty five-star base with nylon castors for enhanced mobility
- Set-up and assembly is super easy
- Tools for assembly included
- Assembly instructions are easy to follow
- Massages your lower back when you want
- Headrest and seat is pretty comfortable
- Comes with a footrest
- High backed
- Deep seat
- Armrests not padded
- Footrest seem shorter than expected according to a user
- The lumbar cushion is hard
4. FANTASYLAB Big and Tall 440lb Gaming Chair
If you’re fed up with gaming chairs that ruin your gaming experience by causing untold discomfort, the FANTASYLAB Memory Foam Gaming Chair is your best option.
This multifunctional gaming chair is ergonomically designed to offer the best combination of high-performance style and luxurious comfort. It is highly adjustable with several carefully designed mechanisms.
- Extra high backrest
- Breathable lumber/seat cushion with memory foam and non-slip bottom
- Premium quality construction
- Recline locking system and back angle to lock the back at any angle from 90-155 degrees
- 360-degree swivel
- Lumbar/seat cushion promotes blood circulation
- Encourages good posture
- Suspends the tailbone, thereby providing pain relief
- An extra high backrest that supports users from pelvis to neck
- Comes with a 1-year warranty on parts
- Breathable, durable, and washable mesh cover
- Suitable for every gamer, thanks to its large size
- Smooth-rolling castor wheels
- User says the product is creaky and wobbly
5. Polar Aurora Gaming Chair Racing Style High-Back PU Leather Office Chair
This gaming chair is multifunctional, and this is why it is comfortable and great. It extends the full length of the back with full support for the head, neck, and shoulders.
It is crafted to perfection and exclusively designed to the natural shape of the human body.
The chair offers complete comfort, and its furniture-quality PU leather also contributes to your overall gaming experience.
- High-quality PU leather
- Tilt locking mechanism 90-160-degree angle adjuster
- Height-adjustable gas spring cylinder
- Has a sturdy five-star base for excellent support
- Lumbar cushion and headrest pillow are fluffy and good
- Executive styling to enhance your relaxation
- Easy to assemble
- Smooth-rolling color castor wheels
- Stitches are well done
- Decent cushion
- Breathable racing chair covered by premium PU leather and high-density shaping foam
- Sturdy five-star base
- Armrests not adjustable
6. RESPAWN 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair
Do you know that you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to get a good gaming chair? This racing style gaming chair was designed with ergonomic principles in mind.
The chair tilts well and comfortably while levers are located at just the right places underneath the chair. Fixed armrests are padded for elbow relief.
The RSP-110 gaming chair features bonded leather with infinite angle lock, thus allowing users to choose the best angle. If bringing your ‘A’ game to every match you engage in is your goal, then get your hands on this remarkable gaming chair.
- 155-degree tilt
- Infinite angle lock
- Adjustable lumbar support and head pillow
- Extendable footrest
- Supports up to 275 lb weight capacity
- Seat/back padding is great
- Adjustable headrest/lumbar pads are comfortable
- Easy assembly (no Styrofoam)
- Feels solid in any position
- Responsive support team
- Armrests wobble after a few months of use
- Seat cushion may deflate
7. Ficmax Ergonomic Massage Computer Gaming Chair
This is a modern-day racing-style gaming chair that is guaranteed to fit the style of any dedicated gamer. It comes with state-of-the-art features including tilt, rock, and swivel capabilities as well as 180-degrees full tilt mechanism.
This gaming chair is constructed using high-level, premium-quality materials. The back and seat are filled with 4.8-inch thick high-density memory foam.
The frame is designed to last, thanks to its robust metal framework along with its heavy-duty wheelbase.
- Tilt, rock or swivel
- Adjustable in 4 different ways
- 180-degrees full tilt mechanism
- Adjustable armrest and retractable footrest
- Sits on Class 4 hydraulic piston that boasts maximum capacity up to 300 pounds
- Racing-style computer gaming chair with a 90-180-degree reclining ability
- Has a comfy massage lumbar support
- Ergonomically designed to enhance relaxation
- Comes with a retractable footrest
- Has fade and dirt-resistant PU leather
- Seat hinge is not adjustable
- Armrests cannot be tightened if they become wobbly or loose after prolonged use
8. X Rocker V Rocker SE Black Foam Floor Video Gaming Chair
Do you know how to fuel your gaming experience? Get the V Rocker multimedia gaming chair that will enable you to immerse yourself into movies, games, and even music with Ace Bayou’s high tech audio system.
The gaming cum high-tech video rocker also features two unique features positioned near the headrest as well as a built-in subwoofer that is designed to pound your back with bass-heavy and soothing music or sound effects.
If you are looking for the best gaming chair in order to enjoy a multi-sensory experience, this is the product to go for.
- Two speakers positioned near the headrest
- Built-in subwoofer
- Foldable foam rocker covered in durable vinyl
- Ergonomic design
- Connects to Gameboy, PlayStation, Xbox, Home Theater, MP3/CD/DVD systems
- Comes with built-in speakers
- Ergonomically designed to provide full back support
- Multi-sensory experience guaranteed
- Oversized for additional comfort
- Maybe a little smaller than expected
9. VON RACER Massage Gaming Chair
If you’re looking for a gaming chair that will hold your weight without any complaint, this is the gaming chair to go for. It is designed to hold up to 350 pounds and made exclusively for the tall or big gamer.
It comes with massage functionality, thus providing the ultimate comfort experience for users. It also has all the necessary adjustments which can make your relaxation or playtime more memorable.
The high-backed gaming chair enables you to relax your body after a long and hectic day. And you can even extend its footrest, put your feet up, and take things easy. It is the perfect chair for evening relaxations at home.
- Built-in USB-powered electric massager
- 90-135 degrees rocking and tilt
- Sturdy metal base
- 5 smooth and quiet rolling casters
- Up and down arms
- Removable thickened memory foam lumbar cushion
- Adjustable memory foam headrest
- PU leather material and high-density foam
- Adjustable height
- High-back provides lots of support
- Come with an extensible footrest for relaxation
- Comfort is guaranteed
- No lumbar pillow
- Not enough cushion to properly contour to the back
Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose the Right Gaming Chairs for Back Pain
So, what should you look for when you are about to purchase a good gaming chair? To help you make the right decision, you need to, first of all, find out the different kinds of gaming chairs out there.
This is because gaming chairs come in different designs and styles. The most common gaming chair you will come across are the racing chairs, pedestal gaming chairs, and rockers. The majority of the best gaming chairs out there fall under any of these three categories.
Racing Gaming Chairs
Racing Gaming chairs are slender, long, and designed like a race car seat. At first glance, one may be forced to think that it is an office chair, especially since they are super comfortable. Of course, this does not imply that racing chairs are inferior to their peers.
What they lack, however, is the padding and extra features that other gaming chairs come with. If your only objective of getting a gaming chair is comfort, then the racing gaming chair may be your best option.
Pedestal Gaming Chairs
The pedestal gaming chair is fixed on top of load-bearing support. This type of gaming chair is designed for keeping you elevated at least a couple of inches from the floor and up in the air. This chair has swivel capabilities that standard office chairs also possess.
Some pedestal gaming chairs are fitted with wheels while others come with a larger-than-usual pedestal so that users who love gaming can enjoy even more stability.
The #1 advantage that pedestal gaming chairs have over rockers gaming chairs is that the former offers a direct view of the screen or monitor.
Some pedestal gaming chairs are designed to rock users backward and forward, and so can be used somewhat like a recliner.
Rockers Gaming Chairs
This type of gaming chair does not come with any pedestal. They are shaped like an “L” and sit directly on the floor. The shape of the rockers’ gaming chair allows users to rock gently to and fro, thereby enhancing the comfort of the chair.
This type of chair is incredibly comfortable, though they are not recommended for elderly ones or seniors. This is because the process of sitting in such a chair and getting back up again might be stressful for an older adult.
Most gamers would tell you that the style of gaming chair you purchase should not matter in the scheme of things. Granted, your gaming chair does not have to be an aesthetic masterpiece.
However, it shouldn’t look like something that will fall apart after a single-use.
Gaming chairs are supposed to be sturdy and well-designed to carry your weight. You should, therefore, go for a racing-themed gaming chair which may be the perfect fit for your gaming area.
This, however, depends on your preferences, i.e. whether or not you want something flashy.
Some gamers may love an all-black leather look to better match their gaming environment, so it is up to you to make the right call.
There is more to ergonomics than mere comfort. Performing the same tasks, time and time again can bring about MSDs (musculoskeletal disorders). You can help to prevent the occurrence of MSDs by sitting on an ergonomic gaming chair.
If you plan to go on raids for several hours, neglecting ergonomics may be at your peril.
This is because if you don’t sit down properly for an extended period, you can significantly increase your risk of developing musculoskeletal disorders such as lower back pain, tendinitis, shoulder injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, rotator cuff syndrome, and tennis elbow (epicondylitis).
Ergonomic gaming chairs provide a lot of comfort for gamers, especially those who spend long sessions behind a computer. Gaming chairs, in most cases, come with amazing and unique features to enhance comfort.
For instance, some gaming chairs come with an exceptional cushioning on the headrest, back, and armrest. And when it comes to padding, there are two particular types: leather padding or cloth padding.
You may need to consider which one you’d like to go for as you consider other factors as well.
This is because individuals vary, and so do our wants or needs. Just because you’re comfortable with a gaming chair that comes with leather does not imply that another gamer should also like your choice.
Some chairs are also designed for flexibility, thereby allowing users to personalize the gaming chair according to their preferences.
Another essential factor to consider when looking for a gaming chair is its size. Most gaming chairs are perfect for the average person. But if you are a bit larger than average, you should look for a gaming chair that can take your weight and height accordingly.
You must find a gaming chair in which you will nestle in comfortably and play games for several hours.
Most quality office chairs are covered with leather or mesh. It is a good idea to have a gaming chair that matches well with your body temperature.
Making the wrong decision and going for the wrong gaming chair will result in a considerable decrease in your comfort level, especially if you enjoy long gaming sessions.
Some gamers enter what is referred to as a reptilian-like state when engrossed with computer games while others may just get sweaty. This is why it is an excellent idea to select your gaming chair accordingly.
Leather retains heat and is therefore ideal for gamers who have a tendency to run cold. Mesh material, on the other hand, facilitates breathing and is well suited for those who run on the warmer side.
Some gaming chairs are exclusively designed to be used when users play specific games and can, therefore, not be used for any other purpose.
For instance, you cannot use a racing chair for playing games on your PC. This is a pointer that you should think about the kinds of games you play before looking for a gaming chair that will be suited for the particular games you love to play.
If you love playing games on your computer, all you need to do is to search for a comfortable gaming chair to play and work on for hours on end.
Having a stable gaming chair when engaging in intense and highly exciting games such as racing games, etc., is crucial.
Some gaming chairs come with designs that enable users to adjust the inclination angle so that they can enhance their comfort. You should, therefore, test the gaming chair’s stability at all angles and on all kinds of floors.
Most gamers tend to slouch forward when they sit in front of their PC for extended periods, playing games. Slouch forward effectively reverses the direction of the natural curve of your spine, thus resulting in a strained lower back.
The best way to overcome this situation is to buy a gaming chair that comes with adjustable lumbar support.
Such gaming chairs can significantly minimize the strain on your disk by supporting your lower back at all times.
This may be the least important factor that is covered in this gaming chairs buying guide, but it is crucial, nonetheless.
When shopping for a gaming chair, you should keep in mind that you are investing in first-class comfort and immersion during your gaming sessions. You will also be protecting your posture as well as the overall health of your back.
Getting a good gaming chair will save you from medical bills that are bound to arise due to consistent bad postures and uncomfortable positions that could be avoided.
If you spend a considerable amount of your time sitting and playing games in front of your PC, you need an affordable gaming chair. IT is not a luxury but a necessity.
Our Top Pick
Our top is the Homall Gaming Chair. It comes with a retractable footrest, massage function along with other adjustable features. You will enjoy using this remarkable gaming chair when you play PC games and for relaxation at the end of a hard day’s work.