It’s not news that about 80% of Americans suffer lower back pain at any period of time. In fact, most cases of job-related disability you’d find in the country is a result of low back pain.
It’s not all gloomy though; a majority of people will notice that after a short period of time, the pain will no longer exist. The unlucky few will have to deal with the pain for a longer period of time and it may even metamorphose into chronic back pain.
If you’re a lower back pain sufferer, there are several options for combating this problem and one of them is the use of back braces.
With any of the best back brace for lower back pain on the market, you can continue with your activity when while having a mild lower back pain flare-up. It will also come in handy to fight future back-related pains.
What Are the Benefits of Using Back Braces for Lower Back Pain?
Using a back brace will help you remain active while relieving you of the throbbing pain at least for a short time.
The use of braces is ideal for use in combination with either physical therapy or chiropractic care so that the underlying cause of the pain you’re feeling is treated.
Also, since braces limit your motion range, you can get to heal better, especially if the cause of your back pain is as a result of an injury or a strain.
Braces for Lower Back Pain Comparison Chart
Here’s a comparison chart showing how each of the best 13 back braces for lower back pain compares against each other.
Top 13 Best Back Brace for Lower Back Pain
Here’s a rundown of the best back brace for lower back pain on the market today.
1. NEOtech Back Brace Maternity Belt
Are you suffering waist pain because of your pregnancy? Does the pain affect your back or all over your abdomen? You can get a brace that will help ease the pain for as long as your pregnancy lasts!
NEOtech makes back braces but this product is specifically targeted at pregnant women. The brace is made with a breathable soft material that is soft and comfortable on the skin.
It also has hooks and loops on both sides which can be adjusted to fit different growth stages of the pregnancy.
The brace which also provides lumbar support wraps around your waist and improves the weight on your spine due to pregnancy. It also supports and improves pain on the pelvis and hips as well as improving sacroiliac pains.
- Thick and soft abdominal pad
- Elastic and breathable fabric
- Adjustable loops and hooks
- Soft material yet strong and comfortable
- Helps to improve back or belly pain due to pregnancy
- Has a 3-way modular support system
- Cannot be used on damaged skin or one with allergies
- Cannot be used while sitting
2. Mueller 255 Back Brace, Detachable Pad
Lower backs with severe pains, muscle spasms and strains can benefit greatly from the Mueller 255 Back Brace. The brace has a multilayer design which allows you the freedom of adjusting the compression of your belly and lower back.
Even if you just did a strenuous activity or suffering an injury, the Mueller 255 can help you overcome the pains and keep moving. The breathable fabric is soft on the skin and can be worn all day while the detachable lumbar pad helps to concentrate the support on the lower back.
To prevent the brace from bunching or rolling, the manufacturers added a molded internal plastic component. However, before purchasing this premium quality back brace, it is advisable to contact your healthcare provider for proper guidance.
- Adjustable Brace
- Internal Molded Fabric Component
- Lumbar pad and support steel springs
- Useful for lumbar orthosis, osteoarthritis, muscular weakness and arthritis
- Improve effectiveness when carrying out lifting or posture enhancing activities
- Help reduce stress on the spine
- May not be suitable for folks shorter than 5″6 as the wide back brace might be too high up or down
- Doesn’t fit anyone with a waist size of more than 40″
3. Backtour Si Unisex Hip Belt
Made from high-grade materials, Backtour Si Belt is a versatile back brace for combating and improving both waist and hip pains when worn. It is equipped with a strong Velcro which holds the brace in place especially when you wear them beneath your clothes.
Yes, if you have ever felt back pain, you’d know it is mostly felt around the hips and that’s why the Si Belt is worn around the clock to help elevate these pains. It is quite elastic and stretchy and can hold firmly as you wear it to work, the gym, postpartum, or during pregnancy.
The belt has a breathable fabric material for comfort and anti-slip silicone fasteners to ensure your brace holds. The lightweight and durable material blended with a diamond ergonomic design makes this belt an unbeatable product.
- Anti-slip silicone fasteners
- Resistant material
- Strong tight Velcro
- It is a versatile anti-pain belt that can be worn underneath the clothes
- Effectively eliminates lower back pain
- You can wear it to bed!
- Velcro may become wormed in time
4. TriLink Unisex Back Brace
The TriLink back brace provides all the support you will ever need for your back issues – lumbar support, spinal cord de-stressing, and dual adjustment flaps for a customizable fit.
Another great thing is that it is unisex and so anyone can buy it! The six adjustment springs are mostly for stability around the waist while the stretchy material of the brace allows for smooth movement when worn.
What most persons fear is investing their money on a product that they cannot return if things go south, and that is why to assure the customer of the quality of the product, the manufacturers of this brace offer their customers a 100% money-back guarantee. Talk about buying with confidence!
- Dual-adjustment fasteners
- Reinforcement springs
- Stretchy material
- Can be used for lumbar support when doing tedious tasks
- Can help improving an already incurred back pain or injury
- Stretches the spine thereby improving your posture
- Comes in various sizes from 28-48 inches wide
- This brace wouldn’t fit well if you’re a tiny person
5. Stronghold Hip Belt
Stronghold’s sacroiliac hip belt reduces inflammation and joint pain in as little as two weeks of use. The hip belt is built for both men and women who have an urgency to alleviate any back pain or sacroiliac joint inflammation.
It comes equipped with anti-slip straps; this hip belt can be worn discreetly under clothes and used anywhere including work, school, the gym, religious places, and more.
The fabric is breathable as well as peeling and water-resistant. Good thing is that this belt is adjustable and can fit different waist sizes with a maximum of 45″. So whatever lower back or pelvic pain you suffer, let this hip belt be your stronghold!
- High-grade fabric
- Anti-slip straps
- Adjustable brace and Velcro fastening
- Included treatment guide for back and pelvic pains
- Quality reliable back brace for alleviating pains and in as little as 2 weeks!
- Discreet and low-profile, can be worn anywhere and anytime
- Also useful to pregnant women
- Unisex product
- May not work for overweight people
6. Back Pain Reusable Ice Belt
This back brace is from the stables of Med-X, a medical equipment company known for its quality standards. This reusable ice pack belt can combat lower back pain, lumber, and tailbone, sciatic, nerve pain, DDD (degenerative disc disease) and several more.
This patented product is quite pricey but gets the job done in no time. The icepack is highly reinforced which means it can be used and reused. It comes with long Velcro straps which make it adjustable to various waist sizes.
This flex gel tech has assisted many individuals from all walks of life who have always needed to have ice on their backs for extended periods. The ice stays cold for an extended period and when not in use, you can store safely in the fridge.
- A reinforced gel ice pack
- Flex gel tech
- Endorsed medical cool gel
- Quality straps
- Unique technology for alleviating back pain
- The ice pack that stays cool for extended periods
- Can be refrozen and reused
- Long Velcro straps
- Velcro may worm too soon sometimes
7. Aveston Lower Back Brace
The material from which this back brace from Aveston is made from is a quality fabric that is soft on the skin and is anti-sweat. Despite this, it is so firm and places enough pressure on the lower back to prevent or relieve any pain.
Also, this back brace is not a hip belt and must not be worn around the waist but around the lower back up to the navel level. The three-layered brace is adjustable for a comfortable fit and the different layers produce different pressure for the back.
Once your spine is aligned, you would have fewer worries about back pain and go back to your usual productive ways.
Scared of making a wrong investment? Buy with confidence from Aveston as there are a 30-day return policy and a 1-year warranty for this product!
- Triple-layers compression and support
- Breathable, soft and anti-sweat material
- Provides enough support to prevent and relieve lower back pain
- Adjustable pressure due to triple brace straps
- Unisex brace
- Confidence buying due to money-back guarantee
- Can be worn underneath clothes
- Not for all body types especially the bulky
8. WYLLIELAB Unisex Lumbar Support Brace
Are you suffering scoliosis, herniated disc, or sciatica? Or you need a brace to support your lumbar? This unisex back brace from WYLLIELAB is the best for you.
It is built with steel stays covered in soft fabric, which provide rigid support and comfort to your spine and nearby muscles.
The adjustable back brace is not just for providing temporal support but a long-lasting product for everyday use. Once you buy, you should be sure you have bought a product that will last long.
Also, if you have any issues with your purchase, WYLLIELAB’s customer service works around the clock to ensure that their patronize-rs are always happy and less stressed.
- Made from durable materials
- Steel parts covered in comfortable fabric
- Adjustable straps
- Breathable material and air-holes
- Elastic pocket for adding ice
- Durable product
- Provides maximum support and comfort to the spine
- Relieves back pain
- Great customer care service
- The metal stays are not removable so this brace cannot be machine washed
9. King of Kings Back Brace With Pulley System
There are several backs, pelvic and lumbar issues that can be fixed with this back brace from King of Kings. That is why the manufacturers have made this brace with a pulley system that you can use to adjust to your suitable fit.
You can wear this brace anywhere and while doing any activity including gardening, fishing, heavy load lifting, driving, and others.
The soft breathable material ensures your skin doesn’t get irritated so you can wear the brace for extended periods while leaving you enough room for unhindered natural movements.
The King of Kings back brace is unisex and can be easily detached, washed and maintained. It is non-elastic and non-neoprene, so when you purchase the product, you know you have a gem on your hands.
- Pulley system for fit adjustment
- Nylon bars for extra lumbar support
- Non-elastic and non-neoprene material
- The brace can be worn underneath clothes and used for various activities
- Provides adequate lumbar support
- Useful to people who are allergic to elastic, latex or neoprene
- Pulley system makes brace adjustable to a suitable fit and pressure
- The brace is relatively pricey
10. Altapolo Unisex SI Belt
The Altapolo unisex SI hip belt is another lower back brace that you can wear anywhere, anytime and any day.
Made from durable elastic fabric, the Altapolo SI joint belt can help alleviate back pain and supports the spine through administering enough pressure to the lower back.
The belt supports proper alignment in the pelvic region while giving adequate freedom for everyday movement and musculoskeletal activities. Women with a baby can use the Altapolo SI belt to ease sciatica pains.
Also, men that go to the gym to lift weights or those that drive extensive distances can wear this belt underneath their clothes for the needed support.
- Elastic and solid fabric
- Discreet design, able to be worn underneath clothes
- Triple-layer fasteners for pressure adjustment
- Supports the SI joint and hips perfectly
- A comfortable and supportive brace that alleviates back pain and SI joint issues
- Not suitable for people allergic to latex or elastic
- Not for bulky people either
11. Rassfit SI Joint Brace
This SI joint brace is available in XXS and XXL sizes for bulkier folks. Made from lightweight materials, this 12 cm wide hip brace is recommendable for all day, everyday usage.
You can use this brace while you’re asleep or going to work or the gym. Great thing is that it can be worn underneath the clothes. The triple straps offer adjustable pressure as the wearer deems fit.
The low-cost Rassfit SI joint brace keeps your sacroiliac joint steady and reduces the amount of movement in that area so your lower back pains can be alleviated easily.
- Elastic straps
- Three-layered straps for pressure adjustment
- Available in different sizes
- Discreet design
- Works effectively in minimizing lower back pains and sacroiliac issues
- Provides adequate support
- Pocket-friendly brace
- Pressure on the lower back can be adjusted as the wearer deems fit
- Lifetime warranty
- Velcro may become wormed
12. SI Hip Belt and Trochanter for Women
The anti-slip property of this belt ensures it stays glued to your waist even while doing tedious jobs. For alleviating sacroiliac joint pains, sciatic, lower back and leg pains, Vriksasana Posture made this high-quality brace.
Not only is it adjustable to suit the needed pressure, but it is also unisex and quite cost-effective. It comes in different sizes but the largest is hip size 41″.
It is made from neoprene breathable fabric, that is pilling resistant as well as an elastic fish ribbon fabric. It is durable, lightweight and very comfortable and can be worn all day.
Even women during pregnancy and postpartum periods should find this SI belt useful.
- Durable fish ribbon and anti-slip straps
- Strong Velcro
- Non-strip straps
- Anti-moisture neoprene
- Cost-effective SI joint brace
- Can be used during pregnancy or postpartum
- Provides the needed support
- It can be worn underneath clothes and anywhere, anytime
- People allergic to neoprene should stay away
13. Pro Enrichment Unisex SI Hip Belt
The Pro Enrichment Unisex Hip belt is wide and solid. It has sizes that can fit a 55 hip.
It was manufactured to be worn for extended hours and so made to be comfortable, soft and solid. It has adjustable pressure straps to apply a diamond-shaped pressure on the lower back and sacrum.
The inner trochanter of this brace is lined with four silicone strips making it highly anti-slip and hence able to stay in place for long. The breathable fabric also allows air to reach your skin so you don’t get all sweaty and uncomfortable while your brace is on.
For an anti-slip brace that provides adjustable compression and comfort as well as lasts long and can be worn underneath your clothes, this is a great deal!
- Diamond-shaped design
- Has a wide belt for more grip and evenly distributed pressure
- Four elastic straps for pressure adjustments
- Anti-slip straps
- Diamond pressure design allows the belt to be adjusted according to your sacrum size
- Gets the job of alleviating pelvic and SI joint pains done
- Can be worn all day and underneath clothes and can stay in place without slipping for much longer
- Cannot be used if you’re allergic to spandex, neoprene or latex
Are you looking for a back brace to help relieve your lower back pains? This buying guide will help you make the right choice out of the numerous options on the market.
What to look out for in a back brace?
The design of the back brace plays a vital role in your comfort and its workability. You want an ergonomically designed back brace that will significantly improve your posture.
Ease of Use
Any back brace you will be opting for should be easy to use. You want one with non-slip straps that hold steady and don’t come off easily.
One of the good things about choosing a back brace is its price point. They are not as expensive as a lot of other options for relieving back pains like purchasing a recliner or visiting a therapist.
However, some back braces might be above your budget, no matter how cheap they are. So, opt for one which tallies with your budget.
The material of the back brace also plays a crucial role in both comfort and durability. Choose breathable, soft, and comfortable materials of high-quality like fabric or polyester.
Our Top Pick
Our top pick is the NEOtech Back Brace Maternity Belt as it offers a deeply therapeutic experience while providing immense lumbar support.
It has a thick and soft abdominal pad which is soft and comfortable; its fabric is both breathable and elastic so you are not in any discomfort during use.